“Catch me at the kitchen table weighing out my business plans.”
– Young Jeezy, “Welcome Back“
Most startup/entrepreneur presentations are essentially business plans. But to effectively convey your business, you must include the following details in your presentation:
- Define the market you are in
- What problem exists in your market?
- Define your product or service
- How does your product or service solve this problem?
- Define how much you can charge for your product or service and your strategy for growth
- Describe your team and how they can execute this opportunity
Keep in mind that the above components are just the foundation of your business plan. To pique the interest of investors and others, you also need to have that golden idea, great communication skills and of course, passion.
The best examples of business plans in your market are IPO prospectuses, or S-1s. These can be found and downloaded for free at on the SEC’s website for free.